UTC Sheffield personal appearance and dress code
All students should present a smart appearance at UTC Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park. As we are working with employers and business partners, we want all UTC students to appear as smart as possible and ready for business
Extreme styling is not desirable. Hair colour should be natural tone. Make up should be subtle. Jewellery should be limited to one set of simple ear studs. Facial piercings should not be worn with the exception of a small nose stud. If nail varnish is worn, it must be neutral in colour and false nails are not allowed.
See the latest information about our updated approach to Business Wear in sixth form.
Our aim is that our students always look extremely smart and professional. The business wear suit and tie must be purchased from our approved supplier. Shirts and shoes can be purchased from alternative outlets provided they adhere to the following guidelines:
- UTC Sheffield charcoal grey business suit (skirts to be at least knee length)
- Blazers must be worn at all times unless the rule is relaxed by the Principal in hot weather and or Tutors in classrooms depending on the activity
- White shirt with stiff collar fastened long or short sleeves which must be tucked in at all times
- UTC OLP tie
- Tie must be worn with shirt collar fastened and UTC logo at chest level, tie length to reach top of trousers/belt.
- Optional jumper / cardigan – MUST have the UTC logo from our approved supplier
- Business shoes plain black not trainers. Alternative footwear due to a foot injury will only be considered with the evidence of a doctor’s note.
- Heels up to 2½ inches (smart black leather boots will be allowed, not Ugg type boots or fashion items)
- In the interests of Health and Safety no sandals or shoes/boots with an open toe – closed toes only.
Suitability of clothing will be at the Principal’s discretion. Please ask if you are unsure.
Sport and PE
During sport and PE activities, students should wear appropriate sports clothing.
- UTC Sheffield logo short sleeved PE top – must be purchased from our approved supplier
- UTC Sheffield logo long sleeved PE top (optional) – must be purchased from our approved supplier
- Black shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Black socks
- Black outdoor waterproof jacket/top
Black Shorts, tracksuit bottoms and socks will also be available for purchase from our approved supplier. Appropriate sports footwear should be worn for all activities. Football boots /astro turf trainers with plastic studs/blades must be worn for the 3G Pitch.
Bag should be a waterproof rucksack or messenger style bag without extreme logos and designed to support the back, protect your IT device safely, hold A4 size file items/stationery and fasten securely. Lockers can be hired to store bags (25 cm x 36 cm x 39 cm) and or valuables securely. The UTC cannot be held responsible for the storage of student property.
All students are required to wear a lanyard/card at all times. Lanyards and or cardholders will be colour-coded to distinguish year groups.