Do you enjoy sport or sports science? Are you curious about how athlete’s bodies work? Do you want to work alongside top athletes or be an athlete yourself?
Studying Sport Science, you will develop a scientific understanding how sport, exercise and lifestyle effects the body. You will look at ways to improve training and fitness and apply this to sporting professionals and the general public as well as improving you own sporting ability and fitness.
- Sheffield City Region is fast becoming a hub for sport technologies in the UK
- The Sports Sector is a fast growing employment sector, especially within Health
Through studying Sport Science, you could become an Elite Athlete, Physiotherapist, Sports Journalist, Coach, Personal Trainer, Sports Analysist, the list goes on…
The UTC will not only prepare you for all these options, but also for the careers of tomorrow.
What Will I Study?
Our Sport Science Pathway document has full details of what you will study from Year 9 all the way into Post 16.
You will work with athletes at all levels, including those at the top of their fields to understand how performance of the human body can be improved through the application of science and technology. For example, you could be working with a professional sportsman and their coach, understanding how they build strength when they are training, and then apply this learning to people who are managing chronic asthmatic conditions.
What jobs are available in Sport Science?
Elite Athlete / Sports Scientist / Coach / Fitness Trainer / Events Manager / Physiotherapy
- You can be the best in your Sport and or study a related degree.
- At UTC you’ll study academic programmes which can include traditional Science qualifications as well as vocational qualifications.
- You’ll be supported to manage your academics studies whilst pursuing and acknowledging your training schedule.
- UTC will ensure that your application to University is competitive whether applying abroad or in the UK.
- You will benefit from our partners at the Olympic Legacy Park including the Advanced Well-being Centre.
- You will be in close proximity to the English Institute of Sport and Ice Sheffield.
- You will learn in state-of-the-art facilities that include a fully equipped Fitness Suite, Sport Science Laboratory and Activity Studio.