9 Reasons to Choose Sports Science at UTC Sheffield!
Posted: 4 May 2016 in News
Do you love Sport? Are you looking to turn your passion into a career? At UTC Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park that’s just what you can do, by studying a technical specialism in Sports Science alongside GCSEs and A Levels. Here’s nine reasons you should choose Sports Science at UTC:
- Learn in state-of-the-art, world-class, industry-standard facilities that include a fully equipped Fitness Suite, Sport Science Laboratory and Activity Studio with a state of the art 3-D motion capture facility.
- Benefit from our links to sponsors such as the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University and our partners at the Olympic Legacy Park including the Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre, English Institute of Sport, the Sheffield Eagles and the Sheffield Sharks.
- Study academic programmes which include traditional Science qualifications and GCSE Sport as well as the latest Cambridge National in Sports Science at Key Stage 4.
- Study a range of Technical qualifications in Sports Science alongside traditional A Levels Post 16.
- Link your Sports studies to the latest developments in Healthcare and Technology through our other specialisms (Healthcare and Computing).
- Be supported to manage your academic studies whilst pursuing your rigorous sports training schedule.
- Access clear progression routes to competitive apprenticeships, employment and University courses in this specialism.
- Ensure that your application to University is competitive whether applying abroad or in the UK.
- Participate in competitive sports and other sport-focused enrichment activities including opportunities to develop coaching and leadership skills.