Privacy and Data
Privacy and Cookies
We (UTC Sheffield) take your privacy extremely seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of visitors to our website. We will always keep your data safe and secure. We will use any personal information collected from the UTC Sheffield website in accordance with all laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal data including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How we use your information and data
We use your information in a number of ways:
- Your name and contact details – to communicate with you about your application and the UTC offer including activities, events and news. We do this to keep you up to date and ensure the application process is effective.
- We may also collect additional data in order to process your application.
- Information about your computer, phone or laptop – to help improve our website and your experience.
Sharing your data
We may also share your data with approved third-party delivery partners, in order to provide services to you.
If you’ve opted-in, we may also send you marketing messages by email to keep you up to date and share information that may be relevant to you.
You can stop receiving these emails by opting out through the unsubscribe link in any email or by contacting us directly.
Keeping your information
We hold your information for as long as you are a student at our school, or as long as it is needed for us to be able to provide our services to you.
You have lots of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office
For students, parents and carers, download privacy statements:
We monitor and record connections to and from the UTC server. We do this for security, statistical, and performance-measurement purposes, and in order to detect and prevent abuse. The monitoring data we collect includes browser type, domain names, traffic volumes, temporal data, IP information, and data posted from web-forms on our site.
We use “cookies” on our site to improve the quality of the service we offer, especially to enable users with visual impairment to alter the appearance of our site to suit their needs.
In case of difficulty, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to control and delete cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Cookies set by Third Party sites
To support our web sites and services, we sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. UTC Sheffield does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Need more information?
Please email us on email@example.com