Key Stage 5
Studying in Year 12 and Year 13 at UTC Sheffield City Centre is focused and personal. You will join others who are passionate about their subjects and learn with expert teachers in specialist classes.
You can find the Post-16 Options Booklet here.
At Key Stage 5 we offer a variety of study options dependent on your interests and ambitions.
The OCR Technical qualifications for our two specialist pathways in Creative and Digital Media and Engineering come in different sizes – Extended Certificate, Foundation Diploma, Diploma and Extended Diploma. All Level 3 Cambridge Technicals gain UCAS points providing a strong base for progression to university. You can combine the ORC Technical qualification with A Level in different ways to achieve your preferred route – university or apprenticeships – or you can keep your options open for both.
Specialist pathway courses include:
- Creative & Digital Media: Level 3 Cambridge Technicals in Digital Media
- Engineering: Level 3 Cambridge Technicals in Engineering
A Level options to complement you specialism include:
- Art & Design
- English Literature
- Further Maths (if you are taking Maths)
- Product Design
- Level 3 Core Maths
- Level 3 Extended Project
There are opportunities for students to choose A Levels at UTC Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park such as Computer Science.
We may also offer a Level 2 bridging the gap year at Post-16, which provides a step up to Level 3 qualifications. For advice please attend one of our open evenings.
Students wishing to apply for a Year 12 place at UTC Sheffield must meet the following entry requirements:
- 5 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above or A*-C or equivalent, including Maths and English (those applying for Engineering will also need a minimum of a 4+ in Science)
- Grade 6 at GCSE for A Level subjects
- Level 2 options are also available at both UTCs; students wishing to apply for this option will need 4 GCSE passes at Grade 3 or equivalent, including English and Maths.