Both of UTC Sheffield’s campuses offer the latest industry-relevant facilities for work-related learning and teaching.
We aim to equip our students with the knowledge, skills and experience needed to use new technology in the workplace. Enabling them to cope with the rapid pace of technological change.
State-of-the-art facilities at the City Centre campus include:
- Engineering mini-factories that simulate the real manufacturing environment
- Advanced Apple Mac-based design suite with the latest hardware and software
- Suite of hi-tech studios and media labs for digital creative and media projects including film, photography, animation and web application
- High-spec prototyping facilities including laser cutting, a wind-tunnel and 3-D printing
- Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine suite and Computer Aided Design (CAD) suites for producing items designed by the students
- Milling machines and lathes
- Electronics laboratory
- Multi-use rooftop sports pitch
Olympic Legacy Park
State-of-the-art facilities at UTC Olympic Legacy Park include:
- Activity Studio
- Health and Development Suite including a flexible ward set-up, a child development area and a facility for an operational ambulance
- Sport Science laboratory for detailed assessment of individual performance
- 3G professional standard pitch and 100m running track with data capture facilities
- Fitness Suite
- Virtual Reality and User Experience (UX) research lab, Raspberry Pi lab and Robotics lab
- Rooftop science terrace overlooking 3G pitch
In addition, technology is a core part of the learning experience to prepare students for the world of work. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptops to college and there are PC studios with the latest software for students to use.