Both of UTC Sheffield’s campuses offer the latest industry-relevant facilities for work-related learning and teaching.
The aim is to equip all our students with the knowledge, skills and experience needed to use new technology in the workplace, and to cope with the rapid pace of technological change.
State-of-the-art facilities at the City Centre campus include:
- Engineering mini-factories that simulate the real manufacturing environment
- Advanced Apple Mac-based design suites with the latest hardware and software
- Suite of hi-tech studios and media labs for digital creative and media projects
including film, photography, animation and web application
- High-spec prototyping facilities including laser cutting, a wind-tunnel and 3-D
- Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine suite and Computer Aided
Design (CAD) suites for producing items designed by the students
- Electronics laboratory
- Multi-use rooftop sports pitch
Olympic Legacy Park
State-of-the-art facilities at UTC Olympic Legacy Park include:
- Activity Studio which will host a state-of-the-art 3-D motion capture facility
- Health and Development Suite including a flexible ward set-up, a child
development area and a facility for an operational ambulance
- Sport Science laboratory for detailed assessment of individual performance
- 3G professional standard pitch and 100m running track with data capture facilities
- Fitness Suite
- Virtual Reality testing research lab
- User Experience (UX) research lab, Raspberry Pi lab and Robotics lab
- Rooftop science terrace
In addition, technology is a core part of the learning experience to prepare students for the world of work. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptops to college and there are PC studios with the latest software for students to use.